The latest CryptoNight AMD GPU miner SRBMiner 1.8.8 comes with a significantly reduced CPU usage of up to ~50% that can be noticed on CryptoNight algorithms with small scratchpad like UPX2 and Turtle for example. This can be helpful on GPU mining rigs where the CPUs are struggling to provide enough performance and as a side effect there could be a slight performance boost for RX cards on UPX2. The new version brings some usability and functionality changes as well to make the use of the miner easier and more problem free.
You can find the full changelog for the latest release quoted below. Do note that the developer fee is ~0.85% for both normal mode and algorithm switching mode as SRBMiner is a closed source miner available for AMD GPU miners only under Windows.
SRBMiner V1.8.8 Full Cangelog:
– Reduced CPU usage up to ~50%, can be noticed on algos with small scratchpad
– User is now informed about tweaking status on the screen too, not just in log
– No more
--gpureorder, device ordering by bus id is now the default/only display mode
– Added parameter
--watchdogrounds, which controls after how many rounds will watchdog trigger
– min_rig_speed_duration default is 1 minute now, because of the new
– Fixed a few cosmetical things on web stats
Other Similar Publications:
- In: Mining Software
- Tags: CN-Dark, CN-Fest, CNv4, Conceal, CryoNote, Cryptonight Alloy, cryptonight amd miner, Cryptonight Artocash, Cryptonight B2n, Cryptonight Dark, Cryptonight Fast, Cryptonight Fest, Cryptonight Haven, CryptoNight Heavy, CryptoNight Heavy miner, Cryptonight IPBC, Cryptonight Italo, Cryptonight Lite miner, Cryptonight Lite V7, Cryptonight Lite V7 miner, Cryptonight Marketcash, cryptonight miner, Cryptonight Mox, Cryptonight Red, Cryptonight Stellitev4, Cryptonight UltraHeavy, Cryptonight UltraHeavy miner, Cryptonight V7, Cryptonight V7 miner, Cryptonight V8, Cryptonight variant 4, cryptonight-lite, CryptonightR, CryptoNightV7, Festival coin, ItaloCoin, Monero v8, Mox, MoX Project, SRBMiner, SRBMiner CryptoNight miner, Wownero, Xcash, XMR v8, Zelerius