For people that have been into hobby mining for a long time then they will understand the love for USB miners, a simple and effective way to get you into the mining scene but staying on a budget. Futurebit have announced they will be releasing the Apollo miner which for you USB lovers is the next step up on a budget. Here are the specs
Compact Stand-alone Pod Style Miner (4x6x4in)
– Very wide range of operation modes with preset ECO (quiet) mode and TURBO mode.
– 100-140+ MH/s of Scrypt performance per miner
– Industry leading 1W/MH in ECO mode, and 1.4W/MH for TURBO (100-200 watts)
– Powered by a fully integrated Quad-Core A7 ARM based controller
– First miner to be fully controlled over wifi, only cable needed is power! (this will be a Beta feature on launch..backup ethernet port is available as well).
– Clocks and Voltage is fully customizable by user with easy to use interface (no more pots!)
– Industry leading 97% efficiency 12v power-stage, with 27 ASIC chips powered in a 3×9 parallel/serial power arrangement
– Custom designed cold forged hexagonal pin heatsink with leading thermal performance for the quietest ASIC miner in operation!
– 2k-6k PWM High Static Pressure Dual Ball Bearing Fan with automatic thermal management with onboard temperature sensor
– Controlled via local connection on a web browser similar to antminers. You can simply set it up via smartphone browser. No crazy driver installs, hard to use miner software or scripts needed.
– Two Six Pin PCIE power connectors for wide-range of power draw (only one is needed in ECO mode)
– New future platform features including full-node/peer to peer fully decentralize mining, full stand-alone solo mining, cloud/app based controls and more in development.
Expect it to retail at around $200-$300 which isn’t to bad but the cost per $ per MH is no as good as Bitmain, although the power usage per MH is a ton better. Just be aware if you are looking to make serious money this may not be the item for you
You can check it out over on Bitcoin talk here